D'Home Mental Health Association
Since 26 July 2008
* To provide support, guidance and education for caregivers and families who have loved ones suffering from persistent mental illness.
* To improve the quality of life of those with psychiatric disabilities and to develop their social functioning skills through good psychological adjustment thus paving the way for their reintegration into society.
* To improve awareness for the better understanding and early detection of mental illness thereby increasing and enhancing the rate of successful rehabilitation through early treatment.
Support & Guidance
* To provide support and encouragement to family members and caregivers of the mentally ill.
* To establish support groups where parents, spouses, siblings and friends of the mentally ill may share their experiences and give emotional support to one another.
* To provide counselling for family members, caregivers as well as those suffering from mental illness.
* To reduce societal discrimination and stigma towards people with psychiatric disabilities by educating the community through seminars, workshops and the mass media.
* To promote a better standard of health care for those with mental illness.
* To provide networking opportunities.
Education & Training
* To conduct courses (Family Link Education Programme), medical talks and seminars for immediate family members, caregivers and the general public.
* To provide vocational training and develop living skills functioning for recovered patients and assist them in job placement opportunities.
* To provide counselling and support to schools, colleges etc. for the better understanding and early detection and treatment of mental illness.
We are holding a Charity Dinner & Show on 10th October 2009 at the Equatorial Hotel in Penang. The main attraction will be the famous comedian Gurmit Singh @ Phua Chu Kang and the evening’s main VVIP will be His Excellency the Governor of Penang who has graciously agreed to lend his support by attending the function for the second year.
We are hoping to raise in excess of RM250,000 net on this event on the way to our target of RM 2.5 Million to provide a resource centre for the mentally ill and their carers and are seeking sponsors, advertisers and those who wish to purchase tables.
Date: 4th August 2008 (Monday)
Venue: Gurney Beach Resort
If you wish to make a contribution of items to be auctioned, book a table or make a cash donation, please contact D'Home on 04-2291111 or send your donation to D'Home at 11A-6-5 NB Placce, Jalan Gottlieb, 10350 Penang. (cheque made payable to Persatuan Minda D'Home)